While we created HOMEEMITY to have the best user experience, we understand that some people might have a problem or two during the configuration.
This tutorial will guide you in every step needed to enjoy your HOMEEMITY controlled device!
This tutorial is divided into three steps:
- Configuration of the HOMEEMITY device
- Enabling the HOMEEMITY Skill and linking your account.
- Using your HOMEEMITY device
Configuration of the HOMEEMITY device:
1. First, make sure that the HOMEEMITY is connected to a power supply and not configured and is in setup mode.
Setup mode can be recognized by pulsating (“Breathing”) light after powering the device. If it is not in this mode, you can reset it (delete all previous settings) by toggling the power to HOMEEMITY five times (Turn if ON -> wait 1-5 seconds -> Turn it OFF -> wait 1-5 seconds and repeat) or by pressing the blue button for at least 5 seconds.
2. Turn the Wi-Fi ON on the device you want to configure the HOMEEMITY with.
It can be an iPhone/Android/PC and connect to Wi-Fi Network named “HOMEEMITY_XXXX” (Four last characters are unique to every device).If the network can’t be found, refresh the list on your device.
Connect to HOMEEMITY Network
3. A webpage with configuration should open automatically.
If not, open a web browser and go to page address 10.1.1.1. Press the corresponding button to start the configuration
4. Select your local home network (Wi-Fi) and enter the password.
Enter your home network password
5. If you have a HOMEEMITY account, please sign in now and skip the next step.
If you don’t have one, press the “Create an Account” button.
6. If you have pressed the “Create an Account” button, please fill in all the required textboxes.
Password must consist of at least 7 characters and 1 special character (eg. A digit)
7. Please put the desired name of the device.
This name can be changed later in the Alexa App and is used to identify your device and will be used to control your light via Voice commands, so the name should be easy to pronunciate
8. If all the steps were successful, the configuration is completed and now your device is connected to the HOMEEMITY Cloud.
If you wish to configure it again, you have to reset the device to factory settings (Step 1 of this tutorial).