While we created HOMEEMITY to have the best user experience, we understand that some people might have a problem or two during the configuration.
This tutorial will guide you in every step needed to enjoy your HOMEEMITY controlled device!
This tutorial is divided into three steps:
- Configuration of the HOMEEMITY device
- Enabling the HOMEEMITY Skill and linking your account.
- Using your HOMEEMITY device
Configuration of the HOMEEMITY device:
1. First, make sure that the HOMEEMITY is connected to a power supply and not configured and is in setup mode.
Setup mode can be recognized by pulsating (“Breathing”) light after powering the device. If it is not in this mode, you can reset it (delete all previous settings) by toggling the power to HOMEEMITY five times (Turn if ON -> wait 1-5 seconds -> Turn it OFF -> wait 1-5 seconds and repeat) or by pressing the blue button for at least 5 seconds.
Press this button for at least 5 seconds to reset the device to factory settings
2. Turn the Wi-Fi ON on the device you want to configure the HOMEEMITY with.
It can be an iPhone/Android/PC and connect to Wi-Fi Network named “HOMEEMITY_XXXX” (Four last characters are unique to every device).If the network can’t be found, refresh the list on your device.
Turn the Wi-Fi ON
Connect to HOMEEMITY Network
3. A webpage with configuration should open automatically.
If not, open a web browser and go to page address 10.1.1.1. Press the corresponding button to start the configuration
Go to page 10.1.1.1
Press here to start the configuration
Press here to start the configuration in German language
4. Select your local home network (Wi-Fi) and enter the password.
Select your home network
Enter your home network password
Press continue to go to the next step
Press Refresh if your home network is not on the list
5. If you have a HOMEEMITY account, please sign in now and skip the next step.
If you don’t have one, press the “Create an Account” button.
If you have a HOMEEMITY account, please sign in now
If you don’t have an account, press here to create it
6. If you have pressed the “Create an Account” button, please fill in all the required textboxes.
Password must consist of at least 7 characters and 1 special character (eg. A digit)
Fill in all the required information needed to create an Account
Press here to continue
If you wish to go back tothe sign in page, press here
7. Please put the desired name of the device.
This name can be changed later in the Alexa App and is used to identify your device and will be used to control your light via Voice commands, so the name should be easy to pronunciate
Enter the desired device name of your HOMEEMITY
Press here to continue and finish the configuration
8. If all the steps were successful, the configuration is completed and now your device is connected to the HOMEEMITY Cloud.
If you wish to configure it again, you have to reset the device to factory settings (Step 1 of this tutorial).