While we created HOMEEMITY to have the best user experience, we understand that some people might have a problem or two during the configuration.
This tutorial will guide you in every step needed to enjoy your HOMEEMITY controlled device!
This tutorial is divided into three steps:
- Configuration of the HOMEEMITY device
- Enabling the HOMEEMITY Skill and linking your account.
- Using your HOMEEMITY device
Enabling the HOMEEMITY Skill and linking your account:
2. In the Alexa app, open the menu on the left side
3. Open the “Skills & Games” Menu:
Press here to open the Skills menu
4. Write “HOMEEMITY” in the search bar and press the search icon
5. Click on the HOMEEMITY Skill to open it
6. Click ENABLE to enable the Skill and go to Account Linking Process
7. Enter the same Account Credentials as used during the device configuration.
Please remember to activate Your Account via E-mail before this step!
Press here to Sign In
8. If the Sing In has been successful, close the next page
9. Press the “Discover Devices” to add the previously configured HOMEEMITY devices.
Make sure that the Alexa Echo device is connected and configured before this step. In other case, device discovery will fail.
10. Your new devices should be discovered and can be found in the device tab.
The configuration is completed. You can now control your HOMEEMITY with voice or via Alexa App! If you need to discover new devices, please go to step 11 explaining the procedure
11. If you have added new devices after the Account linking process, steps 11-14 will explain how to discover them.
Press the Devices button on the left bottom corner.
12. Press the “Plus” Button on the right upper corner
13. Press “Add Device”
14. Slide to the bottom and select “Other”